Sand floor with Dust Containment system to remove old finish.
Apply stain (if needed)
Apply 3 coats of high quality poly-urethane finish
We'll have your floors looking brand new again with our safe and simple Dust Containment sanding process.
Give Jeff a call to schedule your free refinishing estimate.
1. Light foot traffic after 6 ~ 24 hrs (socks only)
2. Curing process takes approx. 7 days (70% cured after 1 day, 90% cured after 3 days. Curing is based on the use of Bona urethane)
3. Do not place area rugs until floor has fully cured (7 -10 days)
4. Furniture may be placed back after 72 hrs (Pick and set furniture, Do not slide furniture)
5. Use felt tip pads under furniture legs, appliances, ETC
6. Recommended floor cleaner. Available at most home stores:
Bona bardwood floor cleaner (Follow manufacturer's instructions for use)
7. Vacuum or sweep floor regularly
8. Avoid walking on wood floors in high heels. They can severely damage wood floors. Keep heels in good repair
9. Keep pets claws properly trimmed to avoid excessive scratches and gouges
10. Do not use wax, oil soap or other household cleaners on polyurethane finished wood floors. The use of these products can dull today's floor finishes and make refinishing or recoating difficult
11. In 3-5 years consider having your floors screened and recoated (Call to learn more about the process).
**These are general guidelines. When in doubt, contact us!
Is it time to have your floors refinished? You can count on Jeff Dean Hardwood Flooring to have them looking new again in no time. With our Dust Containment system we can refinish your floors without making the mess and dust that is left behind by your traditional sanding process. Our expert craftsman will work with you to get that custom look that best suits your home.
Most refinish jobs take 3-4 days to complete.